Sunday, November 13, 2016

Fall Color

In fall, I just love taking walks. In my area, there are so many trees that change pretty colors. I created this CSI layout to highlight some of the beauty I have seen in various spots, including Busse Woods.



This is for the CSI 217 challenge: I used all colors for the scheme. For the evidence I used wood grain, heat embossing, leaves and an animal.
For testimony, I documented something about autumn. Journaling reads: Leaves changing color, pretty fall flowers, and squirrels hunting and gathering. Busse Woods to the front lawn: just a few of the sights I have seen, hiking this fall.

To create the layout, I covered some cardstock with gesso, then used prima watercolor oil pastels to color the background. Then added some modeling paste with a wood grain stencil and finally added a little highlighting with gold pearls.

The 2 gold leaves at the bottom were heat embossed with gold embossing powder, and the wood veneer "Live" was heat embossed with green embossing powder. The owl is an American crafts sticker. And created the cluster (at left with a variety of stickers, color me crazy leaves and petaloo butterfly. The little journaling spots were from a prima 6x6 paper pack (epiphany).

Hope you all are enjoying this fall as much as I am.
My layout was chosen as star witness for CSI 217. Be sure to check out the CSI website: 

7 comments:

  1. What a delightful page and such beautiful photos! Love the little owl embellishment. Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I like your painty background. Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job on this layout, Carol. The background work looks really nice. The owl and butterfly embellishments are sweet. I also really like the pretty journaling card. Great interpretation of the sketch as well. TFS ♦

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of cute embellishments, love your page. Thanks for playing along at CSI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous take on the sketch. The fall colors are perfect for this Case File. And those pics are beautiful. Thanks for playing along. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Autumn and the variation in leaf colours that make everywhere looks so beautiful. Your layout portraits this so well. Love your owl embellishment and great work on the background! Thanks for joining us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, beautifully documented and a lovely group of photos. This is such a perfect time of year for hiking! I love all your details.

    ReplyDelete