Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Grandparents

I had lots of fun playing along with CSI challenge 254, which can be found here:
http://csichallenge.blogspot.com/. Such pretty colors to play with.


For this layout, I created a background with die cut hexagons (edged with black ink). Most of the die cuts were created with Kaisercraft's Cottage Rose collection (in the 65 x 6.5 size).
I also used some vintage stickers from TPC for the top and bottom borders and under the photo.

For CSI 254, I used all the colors, floral patterns, flowers, gold elements, and vintage elements. I journaled on a label about my grandparents, who were sharing a meal together in this photo, circa 1968.

My layout:


Come join us over at CSI for challenges and inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. I love this layout! It reminds me of a quilt my grandmother made. The photo is so precious. Thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've given this challenge a vintage twist, the patchwork of floral prints looks gorgeous and the decorative elements clustered around your photo set a beautiful scene. Thanks for playing with us at CSI :o)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty mix of patterns, and I agree with Ginger--looks like a homespun quilt!

    ReplyDelete