Sunday, August 26, 2018

COSI Adventure

I love the colors for CSI 260 and had the perfect photo in my stash to boot.
The CSI challenge can be found here:  http://csichallenge.blogspot.com/






So for my layout I used flowers, gold, glitter and trim. I put the testimoney (journaling) in the form of an itinerary. Photo is from when our family visited COSI a couple years back. And journalling describes some of the exhibits we saw while at the museum. (The times, naturally, being a rough estimate).
9:00 Be curious about the mechanics of pullies
11:00 Discover decades paste
12:00 Refuel at the deli
1:00 Adventure through space
3:00 Return to Rendezvous spot.
I used some mixed media on this to create the background. Prima acrylic paints and some misc. ink sprays from my stash. I also painted the flowers blue and gold (with prima acrylics) and pink with Tim Holtz pearls. I did a little stenciling with bo bunny glitter paste and added a little bling (gems and sequins). I also painted the gears pink with acrylic paint. Had lots of fun playing with mixed media and paint on this.
                                   
                                       Come join the fun over at the CSI blog!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely is this layout! The watercolour effect you've created looks so amazing! I love the strip of lace / braid that draws your eye to your adorable photograph and the torn edges of your layers is lovely! There is just so much depth you've created - lovely!!
    Thanks for playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page, I love all the paint effects and torn layers and those pink gears look so cool. Thanks for playing with us at CSI :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable photo and a really pretty page, Carol! Loving all the detail in the background and your journaling written as an itinerary!

    ReplyDelete