Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Flight

What's the best part of any meal? Dessert of course. Anything chocolate is good! So this is a layout made for CSI 223 about my dessert: hot chocolate, marshmallows and truffles. I found the most delectable place for hot chocolate, marshmallows and truffles in Chicago, called Katherine Anne's Confections. The hot chocolate-marshmallow combination was my favorite.

The csi challenge (can be found here:
http://csichallenge.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2017-02-12T14:07:00-08:00&max-results=1)
                                                     



For the challenge evidence, I used: stripes, ribbon (blue) something transparent (transparency with script writing on it), and a scalloped border. For testimony, I journaled about a meal--that is-- about the best part of the meal: dessert. Journaling reads: My friends and I stopped for dessert at Katherine Anne's Confections. Such a delicious assortment of truffles, caramels, marshmallows and who can forget the  hot chocolate. Pictured, I am enjoying a trio of hot chocolate and marshmallows. I had never a salted caramel marshmallow, before walking in here, and what a delightful treat it was.


                                             
Flowered paper and heart paper is from Amy Tangerine's Oh Happy Life collection.
Large flowers are wood, I painted.
Small flowers I die cut with Sizzix dies
Scallop border was made with Sizzix border die
Script transparency: recollections.
Ribbon: from Michael's.

Tootles: Thanks for stopping by!







7 comments:

  1. A lovely photo and page! I like how you framed that special treat, and your journaling made me want to dash out for some dessert! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice page, Carol. The background paper is really pretty and it works well as the backdrop for all the other elements of the layout. I had to take a second look to see the script transparency. Good idea placing it over the red heart. Looks great. TFS ♦

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous layout!! And who doesn't love dessert? Thank so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree! Desert is the best! Background paper is ideal for your photo and the heart ribbon is just delightful! Thanks for sharing at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics and page. love the flowery background. I think I drooled on the corner a bit too. Just wipe that off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha I love this - I also love hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL LOL LOL How good is it, Im sitting here eating chocolate whilst looking at your lovely layout. Thanks for playing playing at CSI

    ReplyDelete