Saturday, April 29, 2017

Grand View Drive



This is for CSI 228:
The colors of this challenge are reminiscent of water, so this photo of my mom and grandfather taken at Grand View Park along the Illinois River/Peoria Lake.


                                                           





My layout:
I used all colors, a branch, flowers, puffy stickers, and something transparent stuff (the polka dot cloud is acetate.) I journaled on an artisan label. To make the layout, I used some older papers from my stash and created a mixed media background. I used some blue acrylic paint, stickles, and silver modeling paste. I used some dies (scalloped circles and flower) to create layered embellishments. Puffy stickers are from momenta. Artisan Label was also a die cut. I edged some of the circles with Prima edgers to make them stand out more.

Journaling reads: My Grandpa used to take us to his favorite park to picnic. My mom and Grandpa, 1980.

                                       
I had lots of fun playing with mixed media on this layout. Come join the fun over at the CSI blog:
http://csichallenge.blogspot.com/2017/04/case-file-no-228-deadline-april-30-2017.html

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful photo and a lovely page. Great textures on here, and I love that sweet bird! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete