Monday, January 29, 2018

Birthday Cookie

CSI 246

This was a cute image with lots of inspiration to pull from my own childhood. My parents were always very creative with celebrating birthdays. On my fifteenth birthday, my parents got me a birthday chocolate chip cookie which was perfect, cause I loved chocolate chip cookies (and still do).

I was inspired by the hearts, dollies and clocks; and I am sharing a childhood memory of my 15th birthday.  I did a little mixed media in the background. I stenciled with some paint, added some drops of ink and ink splats. I also did some doodling (circles) and stamping (clocks). I die cut the red borders. and used a bunch of stickers.I used all 5 of the colors, but was also inspired by the gray-ish script writing and the dark gray hair in the picture and added that into my layout as well.






The CSI challenge can be found here: http://csichallenge.blogspot.com/, Come join us for inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Love this page, great take on the challenge - the mixed media background layers are totally gorgeous and I can spot all the elements you've pulled from the Case File. Really lovely page to showcase this "sweet memory" :o) Thanks for playing with us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation of the challenge. Mixed media usually always adds that bit of extra interest to the page. Thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some cookie! Great work with the background, Carol! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your job with the background paper and the title work. Thanks for joining us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great birthday memory! I love chocolate chip cookies too!
    Those little heart stickers are just perfect here. Thanks for joining us over at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, check this post (you won): https://csichallenge.blogspot.com/2018/02/congratulations-to-our-january-sponsor.html

    ReplyDelete