Sunday, October 28, 2018

Betty Crocker


CSI 264 The inspiration for this challenge is about books. I really dont read too many books anymore--there are a few I still enjoy. One that I enjoy looking at is my parent's Betty Crocker cook book. It brings back many memories of childhood, so this layout is about the Betty Crocker cook book.

The CSI challenge is here: http://csichallenge.blogspot.com/.


For this challenge I used some text paper, inked the edges and a pocket to hold hidden journaling.
The Betty Crocker cookbook holds many memories for me-- of dinners my mom cooked for us growing up, Christmas cookies we baked together and birthday cakes for birthday celebrations.

To make this layout, I made my own background with blue paint, splatters, and modeling paste to create the checker pattern. I also layered some die cuts and the flower stickers.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, I love those layered diecuts and the gorgeous artsy background you've created - what a perfect way to document those happy memories. I too have some old cookbooks I would never part with as they have happy memories inside them :o) Thanks for playing with us at CSI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely page and I love how you did the background. Thanks for playing along at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background work and design, Carol. Love the layering here!

    ReplyDelete